Monday, September 6, 2010

What I've learned from Twitter so FAR!?!? (This should help explaining Twitter)

Everybody is always asking, "Why should I be on Twitter?".

 

 

Our answer to that is, "Why should you not be on Twitter?".

 

BEFORE I START I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU TO PLEASE TAKE ONE THING AWAY FROM THIS BLOG AT-LEAST. THEN TO PLEASE LEAVE ONE THING. IT COULD BE SOME

ADVISE,

KNOWLEDGE

OR JUST ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT COULD BE VALUABLE

Add Me

A while back I (Bob) met J.T. and Brooke Vilano for a Twappyhour (Happyhour) to learn about Twitter. J.T. doesn't use Twitter for business at all. She uses it for her own personal social networking.

Since then I haven't followed or even been able to find her for that matter on Twitter. From what I understand even if I did find her the possibility of her accepting my follow or even following me back is slim to nun. I'll explain later....

With that background on J.T. I will tell you a little more: She has over 1,000 Tweeple following her, she gets over 25 Direct Messages a day (not counting, once she makes her status relevant to the Twublic and she is bombarded by Direct Messages instantaneously), she has to count the clock hours on a daily basis to make sure she is Tweeting in the right Time Zone, she goes/hosts Tweet-ups (flying all over the States to meet Tweople and having them Fly here), she has made businesses strive in sales with her Tweets (I'll explain later), she has created her own Hashtags within her groups (her Tweeps have their own language)

Ok so your still reading....

For a Whim I had her grade my PROFILE and TWEETS. She instantly said, "BLAHHHHHHHHH.., you would not be a good person to follow on Twitter!". "WHAT", I said, " I give great relevant information about RealEstate/Mortgage News in my Tweets". From what I understood I was not being personable enough. She explaines a 1:15 Ratio. For every 15 Tweets I write their should be 1 Tweet about RealEstate/Mortgage News. People follow people they can conect with, she said. If they wanted the News they'd watch it on TV or Google it. If they want to see property they'll search it. They don't need to know all your listings... this was a big mistake by Real Estate Agents, she added.

Family..... On Twitter, she has a Twuband (she's the Twife), Twons and Twaughters. She treats her Tweeple like they are family. She can scroll through her list of Tweeple and tell you what part of the country they are from, what age they are, what they do for a living and what she finds fascinating about them.

Did I mention that she gets 10-15 new people following her a day. Out of them, usually only one of them makes the cut to be in her sphere of influence. CUT you say? Yeah she has a STRINGENT POLICY on who she allows to Follow her and who she Follows. She:

  1. Reads their BIO
  2. Looks through their Followers and Followees
  3. Examines their Tweets

Then throws down the gavel and either opens the gate or shuts it down per person. She said this does take a lot of time but it's worth it to her she said. She's constantly going through her lists and cutting people out.

Strive in Sales

How you ask..... It's simple she mentions them in her tweets. She told me about a purse maker in some state that noticed her sales booming in the same month that J.T. mentioned her business. The purse maker Direct Messaged J.T and asked, "What made you promote my business?". J.T.'s simple answer was, "I LOVE your purses. I've bought one for my daughter and sent one to California for my Sister."

Put your tongue back in your mouth reader.....

What we've learned from Twitter so far!

  • Use Twitter as a Network not as a business source. The business will come.
  • Use it to connect with people not to pitch your product or business
  • Through your Tweets express what you believe in, your core values, your interests, your hobbies etc.. (this will create quality and loyal Followers)
  • Make a strong BIO (See Below)
  • Be careful in who you let follow you.. (do not let Spammers clog up your Timeline)
  • Admit you where a Spammer and correct it...
  • Create a family/Twamily

TIPS

  • Instead of being National like J.T., become LOCAL (follow people from your area, create relationships with people in your neck of the woods)
  • Tweet-up your open houses or broker opens

Our TEAM BIO

twitter.com/RogersFirst

We do #Mortgage out of #Seattle, we are Honest & Straight Forward. We do #Homeloans in 50 States and work with quality #RE Agents and #Builders

Your BIO

Keep it personable honest and use #Hashtags to explain yourself... See my Personal Bio

My Personal BIO

twitter.com/bobdrawson

I love my #daughter, #mlb, #music. I'm spur of the moment. I do #RE business in #Seattle. Second love is #Mariners and #Huskies

Thanks for reading!

Please check out our other Social Networks :)

Yours Truely,

Bob Drawson

Bank of America Home Loans

425.390.4710

Posted via email from When you think Mortgage, think Rogers First